Former Indian cricket star Yuvraj Singh joined forces with Vicks Cough Drops to introduce the vibrant #VicksKholIndiaBol Cheer Anthem. This anthem is a celebration of India’s unwavering passion for cricket and seeks to empower 1.42 billion voices to cheer wholeheartedly for their favorite teams during the cricket season. We discuss his post-retirement life and other passions.
- You have always been admired for your infectious optimism and upbeat attitude both on and off the pitch. How important is cheer and positivity in your life, and how do you maintain it? One unforgettable moment for me in life was during the 2011 cricket season. I vividly remember the tremendous backing from our fans during that tournament. When I was on the field, especially during high-pressure overs, the roar of the crowd was like a shot of adrenaline. Their cheers, their prayers, and their unwavering belief made us believe in the power of cheer. My association with Vicks Cough through the #VicksKholIndiaBol campaign is a celebration of our nation’s boundless enthusiasm for cricket, and the power of the collective voices of 142 crore Indians as they cheer during this cricket season.
- Tell us more about your association with Vicks and how you believe the VicksKholIndiaBol anthem will inspire Indians to cheer for team India? Our fans and ardent followers of the sport share our excitement, our nervousness, our joys, our sorrows. They urge us on in those crucial moments with their cheers and this motivated me to join hands with Vicks Cough Drops for the #VicksKholIndiaBol Cheer Anthem. With the most crucial cricket series going on, the #VicksKholIndiaBol anthem couldn’t have come at a better moment as it serves as a powerful reminder that when we unite our voices, there is nothing we cannot achieve. With this Anthem, we are calling cricket lovers & music lovers from all over to join us in cheering with a Khich Khich free voice. I am completely pumped and ready to cheer and I’m sure so are the rest of the 142 crore Indians.
- From cricket to a number of other interests, you have made the move. Could you tell us about your post-retirement experiences and how you are you able to continue to be successful in many fields? It’s a beautiful period for me with my family and after a hectic career span I feel rejuvenated to be enjoying this phase. I have missed out on a lot of family time as well which im covering up for totally.I am actively involving myself in a lot of special initiatives like the work being done by my cancer foundation YouWeCan and my partnership with Vicks and Signing Hands. It was a very special experience. Interacting with the community made me realize the many challenges that the deaf community faces. I was so energized by the passion and energy and love for cricket and I also enjoyed learning and performing the Vicks anthem in sign language with them. This is a great effort by Vicks and India Signing Hands to make this anthem engaging and inclusive and for this opportunity to connect with this very special community of cricket fans. I hope many more content creators will be inspired from this example to make their content inclusive to consume for each and everyone.
- You serve as a role model for a lot of people. What values or lessons do you abide by every day in order to motivate others? No matter what stage of life we are standing at, we are bound to face challenges in one form or the other. My motto in life has been to never give up and to rise up each time life knocked me down. I hope to impart the same spirit to whoever I interact with, and with this hope to make a meaningful difference to their lives.
- It’s important for everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle. How do you ensure that you keep a balanced and healthy lifestyle?
In today’s fast-paced world, leading a healthy lifestyle can be challenging, but it’s essential. Make time for regular exercise, eat a balanced diet, and ensure you get enough sleep. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as meditation, yoga, or spending time in nature. Don’t hesitate to reach out to friends, family, or professionals if you’re struggling with your health or well-being. Limit your screen time, especially before bedtime, to improve sleep quality.
I feel small changes can lead to significant improvements in our overall health and well-being. It’s about finding a balance that works for you and making sustainable choices for the long term.